Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Liebster Award


I wasn't entirely aware of the Liebster Award until Kim from Pretty Slick Chick nominated me, thank you so much pretty lady!! Since I wasn't all that familiar with the award I headed over to her blog to find out the details. Basically, the Liebster Award is a blogger recognizing another newer blogger for inspiring them and commending them on having an enjoyable blog! I am so thrilled and honored to have receive this award!

Here are the Rules:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award
2. Answer the eleven questions the blogger gives you
3. Give eleven random facts about you, they can be anything!
4. Nominated eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award (they must have less than 200 followers)
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them
6. Give them eleven questions to answer

QUESTIONS FROM KIM:

Why did you start blogging?
When I was a freshman in college I would watch Youtube beauty gurus and frequent fashion blogs and lookbook.nu and became totally inspired by everyone's style and confidence to put themselves out there. I started blogging back in the fall of 2013 as a way to explore my personal style, utilize a creative outlet, and network with other fashion lovers like myself! It's honestly opened up so many opportunities for me, has given me more confidence, and has been so much fun! 

Describe your style in three words.
Chic, whimsical, ecclectic

What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
So I really love J-Lo as an actress...I could watch Monster in Law and Maid in Manhattan and the Wedding Planner again and again. 

If your life were made into a movie, who would you cast to play you?
I've always identified more with French New Wave actresses, perhaps because the characters are always so lost and passionate. So let's go with Anna Karina. 

What do you like to do on the weekends?
I love sleeping in! I always have to wake up early Monday-Friday so my weekends are when I can stay up as late as I want and go dancing or see friends and then sleep past 11am the next day. 

Favorite TV show right now.
I don't have cable in my house so I tend to watch shows on Netflix. I've been really into the original series of Star Trek right now haha. It has the perfect mixture of science, technology, and mystery (kind of like The Twilight Zone). And it's all about adventures and friendship!

Heels or Flats?
Flats. I'm usually late wherever I go and need to be prepared to run. I'm also pretty clumsy.

What is your biggest pet-peeve?
The public transportation in Pittsburgh...the buses either aren't running or they're late or early. It's so frustrating!

If you could travel back in time where/when would you go?
I want to say the 1960s when movies were incredible, YSL came out with Le Smoking, art and music was so progressive and influential or to the Library of Alexandria before it burnt down or at any point when I could have met Carl Sagan. But honestly, I'd go back to my senior year of high school and spend more time with my grandmother before she passed away and let her know how much I loved her and appreciated her. 

What's on your shopping wish list right now?
Jelly shoes, dresses, and high-waisted shorts! I am in complete Spring/Summer mode right now. Anything that isn't pants or boots I am excited for!

Would you rather be a wizard or a super hero?
I watched a lot of witch movies when I was little...you know "Teen Witch" or the Mary Kate and Ashley "Double Double Toil and Trouble" or "Practical Magic" and "Hocus Pocus." So I'd have to say wizard.  

ELEVEN RANDOM FACTS:
1. I like my coffee black 
2. I'm obsessed with anything Space or Carl Sagan related
3. My favorite poets are e.e. cummings and Pablo Neruda
4. I changed my major three times before I stuck with Global Cultural Studies
5. I love love love shoes
6. I have three tattoos
7. I'm a natural redhead 
8. I have one younger sister...we're only 16 months apart
9. I love animals, especially dogs
10. I'm moving to LA in June (!!!!!)
11. I love the ocean and swimming

MY NOMINATIONS:
Highland Fling
I AM ALEENA 
Bang Blitz 
Lazy Obsession 
Feel the Beat 
M&M Fashion Bites 
Melodic Thrifty & Chic 
this is screaming photo opportunity 
really literal 
The Style Bender 
Style Voyage 

QUESTIONS FOR THEM:
1. What's the story behind your blog name?
2. Where are your favorite places to shop?
3. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
4. What is your "go-to" outfit?
5. What book(s) are you currently reading?
6. Who is your favorite fashion icon?
7. Coffee or Tea?
8. What are your plans for Summer?
9. What beauty product do you splurge the most on?
10. What is the last concert you've been to?
11. What do you look for in a blog?

Thank you so much again Kim for the nomination! I am so honored and I look forward to seeing what the bloggers I've nominated have to say!
xo,
maddie




8 comments:

  1. Wow, epic post! Congratulations on your Liebster Award on doing/blogging everything that the Liebster Award entails! Your answers to Kim's questions and your 11 random facts are very interesting and informative, letting us know a lot about you. The list of bloggers you've nominated looks great and the questions you asked them are excellent ones! I'll have to visit their blogs after they've had a chance to answer them all!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the nomination :) Loved reading through your answers and your random facts!
    It's so cool that you're moving to LA in June, it sounds so exciting!!
    xx

    www.bohemianjourneys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much :) Sure you will have our answers :) M&MFASHIONBITES mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and thank you so much for the nomination! I get so many of these, that I just post my answers directly to the referring blogs rather than put them on my blog since there tends to be a lot of overlap with the questions asked. Here are my answers!

    1. What's the story behind your blog name? It's mainly about music, thrifted ensembles and styles that are off the beaten path/outside the box - Melodic, Thrifty & Chic :D
    2. Where are your favorite places to shop? Right now, I'd have to say local vintage shops.
    3. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Jamaica - 90% of my family lives there. I miss them!
    4. What is your "go-to" outfit? I wish I could answer this question. Haha. I really don't have one and I think followers of my blog can see instantly that I have no set style.
    5. What book(s) are you currently reading? The Wheel of Time Series Book 6 of 13.
    6. Who is your favorite fashion icon? I have a lot of fashion bloggers than I admire, I don't think I like any one blogger more than the other, though. I guess I'm too egalitarian to choose just one favorite.
    7. Coffee or Tea? As of late, coffee. :D
    8. What are your plans for Summer? I'm (hopefully) going to be certified to teach!
    9. What beauty product do you splurge the most on? I don't wear much makeup or perfume. Beauty questions are pretty much wasted on me, sorry! Haha.
    10. What is the last concert you've been to? Future Islands (last night, actually!)
    11. What do you look for in a blog? Imagination and creativity. The farther from the norm, the better. I don't want to see recycled reiterations of what self-proclaimed fashion gurus believe to be trendy in fashion magazines or on the runway. That's boring. I want to see true self-expression.

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY cool maddie!! and thank you for nominating me!! <333

    www.thestylebender.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so sorry for the late reply!! I am awful! Thanks for the nomination, I really enjoyed reading your answers and knowing someone else shares my love for Jelly shoes. My answers are below:

    1. What's the story behind your blog name? Haha, not much thought in it really, I am Scottish by birth, but sound English. I need to come up with a better answer to this question
    2. Where are your favorite places to shop? H&M Trend and ASOS
    3. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? So many places, Iceland is next on my list though.
    4. What is your "go-to" outfit? Grey, anything grey
    5. What book(s) are you currently reading? I never read, it's pretty shameful. I think University turned me, reading just wasn't fun anymore.
    6. Who is your favorite fashion icon? Jane from Sea of Shoes, I guess. She is inspiring because she has a style which no-one can replicate.
    7. Coffee or Tea? Neither! I wish I liked both though! I need caffine.
    8. What are your plans for Summer? Defrosting my cold Scottish bones!
    9. What beauty product do you splurge the most on? Anything for eyebrows as I have very little in that department so I am constantly on the look out for good eyebrow products.
    10. What is the last concert you've been to? Chvrches- a Scottish band, very good, you should check them out.
    11. What do you look for in a blog? Clear pictures, unusual clothes and a nice blogger behind it all. Some of the most famous ones out there are mean people.

    Lots of love,

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats (late). I cannot even begin to express how ubër proud I am of you! I knew from the moment I held you in my arms as a baby that you were destined for GREATNESS. You are such an important aspect of my life that I have been blessed with. I am looking so forward to our "adult" relationship, Uncle & niece, best friends. Get ready Feeling Magenta followers, Maddie's BEST is yet to come!! (hope I didnt go overboard sharing how wonderful you are inside and out) ! XoX. Unc P.

    ReplyDelete