Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Happy Birthday Lin









Hey there!

I hope you're all having a beautiful weekend so far! Friday my best friend, Lin, came into town for her birthday and I couldn't have been happier to see her!! For our day out, I decided to wear this strapless dress I bought at Urban Outfitters a few years ago. It's waaaay too short so I threw on this vintage high-waisted skirt. I love the crochet detail of the dress and how it plays off the pattern of the skirt. I topped the look off with this mint green statement necklace, floral t-strap wedges, and my vintage Coach bag I bought at a thrift store in Tampa, FL.

We started Friday off by taking her to get a tattoo! She's been wanting the Soot Sprite from Miyazaki's Spirited Away and it turned out amaaaaazing. Then we headed to our favorite Thai restaurant, ate our "usual" (spicy basil noodles) and walked around the South Side. After basking in the sun for awhile we saw Maleficent which I thought was really cute...Sleeping Beauty was always one of my favorite Disney film's growing up. After the movies we made our way to see our friends at Stage AE, they gave us tickets to see The Head and The Heart and Luscious concert! To top it all off we went out for drinks later in the night at a trendy bar in East Liberty called Livermore where we drank bourbon, daiquiris, and made Lin blow out her birthday candle.

Saturday we went roller skating and a bar near my house that has "down and derby" nights. There's neon tape everywhere, a DJ (I'm talking remixes of "Heard It Through The Grapevine" and "No Diggity"--so good!!), and alcohol. the best of everything. It was terrifying to skate at first by by the end of the night I was able to skate while dancing and skate backwards and only fell once hahaha.

There's really nothing better than reuniting with your best friend, picking up exactly where you left off, and making new memories by sharing new experiences together.

Thanks for checking in!
xo,
Maddie

Outfit Details:
Dress: Urban Outfitters (old)
Skirt: Vintage
Wedges: Forever 21 (similar)
Necklace: Rainbow
Vintage Coach Purse: MISRED Outfitters


2 comments:

  1. A belated Happy Birthday to Lin! You both look fashionable and happy. Your crochet dress from Urban Outfitters looks very pretty. Your mint green Rainbow statement necklace is very pretty too. It sounds like you both had a wonderful time - I love the photos.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete